Bailey's Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Cooks.com
Makes about 3 dozen
2 1/4 cups cake flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup Bailey's original Irish cream
2 cups semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
3/4 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread pecans in a single layer on a non-stick or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake about 5 minutes until aromatic. Keep an eye on the pecans since they scorch easily.
- Preheat oven to 375F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together. Add egg and continue mixing until fluffy. Add vanilla and Bailey's Irish Cream and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until just blended. Stir in coconut, pecans and chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop cookie dough 1.5 tablespoons (OXO medium cookie scoop) at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart from one another. The dough is fairly soft but the cookies do not spread much when baking.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven until edges are lightly golden. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.