Chocolate Depression Cake
Makes one 9x13 cake
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa power
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan with oil.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Create a small well in the dry ingredients. Add all the wet ingredients into the well and stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared 9x13 pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Top with powdered sugar or frosting as you please.